Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Animals Rebel Against Their Cruel Masters

Ezekiel 5:17

"So will I send upon you famine and evil beasts, and they shall bereave thee; and pestilence and blood shall pass through thee; and I will bring the sword upon thee. I the LORD have spoken it."

For several years now there have been these stories the news reports on from time to time of animals being unleashed on small towns to attack

the city's residents. Most of these stories with which I am familiar have been involving turkeys. The turkeys come in in great numbers and can make going out a fearful thing. They attack with much ferocity, though they are ultimately harmless. Citizens have decided to extinguish the threat by blowing the rebellious birds to nothing but a pile of feathers. It is as if the turkeys have communicated their plots to one another and they become determined to ruin the lives of the people of that village.

If it were an isolated occurrence, it would not be much cause for concern. If it happened with much greater frequency than it does now then I'm sure many more people would be familiar with the story than there are now. But it has occurred at such a frequency that I took notice and I have for some time now thought there was a spiritual context to this. What almost makes it astonishing is that this happens a lot of time in late Summer, early Autumn, not more than a couple months removed from the great day of turkey persecution, Thanksgiving Day, a day the turkeys do not give thanks on, and if they do, they're thanking God they weren't captured and eaten like so many of their friends. It's as if the turkeys are an organized party of birds expressing displeasure before the townspeople at the reckless and destructive way in which we
kill them.

I'm not arguing that turkeys are sentient beings or that they feel some depth of pain or grief from our holiday season but that nevertheless there is still a spiritual dimension to what has been taking place.

I came across the verse quoted at the top just a few days ago on a site that has a section on Christianity. I was convinced from the moment I read it that it confirmed my suspicions that the birds are merely acting in accordance with God's overall plan. The turkey invasions clearly don't fit the prophecy well enough for this to be considered a fulfillment. The turkeys don't seem to be bereaving anyone, not that we know of, at least, but they could foreseeably cause a panic to someone simply trying to get in their car to go to work or go out to the tool shop. I would welcome the opportunity to encounter these wonderful birds, I had a pet turkey at one point, and only a truly mad turkey would be hellbent on destruction and death. They are simply harmless, peace-loving avians. I liked to go with my dad out to a lake where plenty of ducks and geese could always be found and I fed them what was a very popular snack for kids at the time called Dunkaroos. One goose did get a little snappy with me and I fled away from it because it was a big one and meant business. But a turkey? I can't imagine one truly seeking my harm. And if it were a constant threat I faced on a daily basis, I imagine that I might be bereaved fairly quickly.

I bring this to your awareness because I believe that this is a sign from God. God warned His people that as wickedness grew so great in the land that He would pass very strict judgments against His people who continually defied Him to His face. I imagine the turkeys don't present quite the threat that this prophecy requires but it is certainly a foreshadowing of what to expect in those days. I also suspect that God's
people who are truly walking in obedience to Him are going to be afforded immunity from these slaughters. Might we face, in the wilderness, for instance, maulings by mountain lions, bears, moose, and other animals? In the cities will we be the target of aerial attacks from birds (my dad was crapped on the head once), attacks from stray wolves and other wandering creatures? The world might be but again, I suspect that
those who are truly following the Lord will be afforded immunity from these attacks and many will be called to prophesy of the judgments the wicked will face at the hands of wild animals.

The Lord is making Himself known in ways that no one could have ever dreamed of. His evidences and proofs are all before us and many even in our own faith pass them by, treating them as too insignificant for a comment or as laughable to suggest. Let me ask you: Why have the pastors went on their merry way making sense of epistles or spouting platitudes on whatever the cause of the day is? They are missing the entire
word of God to His people today. They are straining gnats but swallowing whole camels so that they can continue their long standing tradition of squeezing the breath out of prophetic life. It is under this administration that the wars and the persecutions and inquisitions took place that the new atheist inquisitors thank you again and again for. They don't speak the word of God because they are simply blind guides to busy making arguments for why the ditch is such a hospitable place to fall into. Like I have said, the prophetic will be restored and these messages, and greater, and more will be preached. Visions greater than mine, prophesyings greater than mine are to come to pass and the pastoral will be put back in its place as fourth-tier ministry, always subject to the mouths of the prophets. Kings bow to prophets, now let the pastors learn their place and take a knee as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment